Friday, August 11, 2006

The Curse of the Green Suitcase


Well, I have finally arrived in Japan, and I could not be more happy to finish the gauntlet of traveling that I have put myself through since returning from China. While I can say that I enjoyed my summer at home, its good to be moving on with my life by leaving the steak filled video game paradise that was my home. Unfortunately the final travel, my journey to Japan proved to be hectic and tedious. While many might say, but Todd! "All traveling is a test of one's patience and resilience." I say shut up jerk! You have never traveled with the item pictured above. The picture is of the Green Suitcase. One of the most impossibly bad travel accessories ever constructed. While it is true that I had little contact with it during the flying portion of my trip. It really began to work its magic as soon as we reached the Osaka airport. When I first arrived, I approached the suitcase and casually attempted to use the handle, the appendage constructed for the sole purpose of lifting the item. Little did I know, that the Green Suitcase would not be lifted by any mere mortal, and the handle broke off with a power that I can only describe as awe-inspiring in its sheer frustration qualities. Despite this setback, I assumed that I was capable of taming the beast and looked to a leather strap that the Green Suitcase had cleverly put low enough to insure that I would never walk fully upright while pulling it. We made it to a shuttle bus and both I and the Green Suitcase began to plan our next move. The Green Suitcase struck first, and with reckless abandon. It shed one of its wheels somewhere on the streets, long gone before I noticed the change. My clever strategy of pulling the suitcase was soundly undermined and the Green Suitcase stood or rather leaned, triumphant. The rest of my trip consisted of pulling an increasingly unstable Green Suitcase with an affinity for falling on the ground through the streets of Osaka. When we finally arrived in Izumo, I assumed our war was over, but Green Suitcase still had one trick up its sleeve, a plan so sinister in its brilliance I'm still shocked at its implementation. Green Suitcase some how managed to drain the battery of Leslie's car, and forced me to to carry it one last stretch, so that we could call for help. It was impossibly brilliant, and I say kudos to you Green Suitcase! You have foiled me at every turn, but I assure the last laugh will be mine. As soon as I empty you of my clothes, I will retire you to a Japanese dump. The home of old sushi, and countless outdated technology from as far back at 2005! My only hope is that Green Suitcase has failed to predict this future. Whats that! No! ....................

1 comment:

hellboyhitscar said...

you write with the brilliance of douglas adams. (hitchhikers guide to the galaxy) your humors dead on. damn you green suitcase, damn you to hell..or a dump of equal misery.