Friday, July 21, 2006

Lordi, The Gwar that I've been waiting for


Every year there is a song contest throughout Europe called "Eurovision". Many European countries enter the contest and historically the winners have been cheesy pop tunes that sound the same. Fortunately the winds of change have blown in, and this year a new king has been crowned. The country Finland, the song "Rock and Roll Hallelujah", the band...LORDI.

In the past, I became aware of the band Gwar, a monster metal band that sounded absolutely awful because they tried to sound ridiculous. I desperately wanted to like them, but they sounded so bad, I could not bring myself to be a fan of them. While studying in Russia I noticed Lordi, a monster band which sounded like KISS with synthesizer (thanks Jesse). It was all I could have hoped for. With lyrics like "The Devil is a loser and he's my bitch", I knew that I had found the monster metal band I'd been searching for all my life. Now they can finally join the ranks of my other favorite musical acts. Elton John, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Muse, Watch Out! I think that a band like Lordi was notably absent among your ranks.


-Todd

1 comment:

hellboyhitscar said...

dude this is awesome. i really can't wait to hear this. i've actually taken to gwar over the past few years after seeing them not once...but twice in concert. no nitro burning funny bong. apparently not one of there hits as some would lead you to believe.