Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Writer's Block

Well, its been three weeks since my last blog, and I have still not been able to find anything in my life worth sharing. The usual monotony of existence in Japan continues to roll on and I regret to admit that I find my growing feelings of malaise to be not at all unwelcome. This truth generates numerous apprehensions concerning the direction of my life and I shudder to think of the possible culmination of these ideas. My recent convictions have engulfed everything I do and even now, I find every sentence that I write while discussing this very topic to be nothing short of torture. It seems that my only current desire is to finish this task soon enough to give me time to stare at the wall or look out the window. Therefore, I feel that it is important for my own mental well to seek outside help. It is with this in mind that I ask anyone who has interesting stories or ideas to email or post them to me. I would appreciate any suggestions for writing topics, and if you have sent me ideas in the past, please send them again. My raging lethargy coupled with my computer's meltdown last month has caused me to lose most of the information regarding certain aspects that I had chosen not to memorize due to their (I thought) permanent place on my hard drive. Finally, I would like to congratulate my friend Jesse and his wife Megan on their nuptials last month. Jesse has shocked all of his friends by choosing a female bride and I wish him all the best. His kindness and patience towards me will not be forgotten, and it was an honor to be with him on such an important day. Despite this, I would like to renew my call in regards to the campaign to discover the truth behind his sexual orientation. Many of his friends (myself included) believe this to be a cover and I will not rest until the truth comes out. I do this not for myself but for the well being of my friend. Well, that's it. I really am bored, and I will be looking forward to any comments or suggestions. Until then, I will be watching Japanese television and dreaming of my move to Russia, which has finally began to reveal itself on my psychological horizon.

P.S. Thanks to John Hummel for supplying the photographs of Jesse's wedding. He was a rock of responsibility compared to my own lackadaisical approach to remembering such an important day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should write about how wonderful your girlfriend is!

Anonymous said...

Or perhaps how great Kitty is!? Just some suggestions!

Anonymous said...

write about how big and show i am. i am just a show fan, writing a big reply to your big and showy query.